Home ownership is the American Dream and we intend to help you get there. Buying a home is the biggest investment most of us will make in our life and that is why getting the best possible mortgage is so important. There are many reasons to purchase a home including working towards building your wealth, reducing your tax burden, eliminating your landlord and just having a home where you can paint, decorate and remodel as you wish!
Here is a guide to help you get started with the home buying process.
- Determine how much you can afford – Talk to us before you start hunting for houses so we can determine how much house you can afford. By taking into account your income, asset, and debt information, we can determine your buying power and help you find the right home for your budget. We do this through either a pre-qualification and/or a pre-approval process. We have some mortgage tools that will help you prepare. Check out Mortgage Preflight and our Mortgage Calculator App.
- Choose a mortgage loan – In today’s marketplace there are a number of different types of loans to choose from including conventional mortgages, jumbo mortgages, FHA loans, and VA loans. Each of those loans may have different variables as well. We will help you determine the best loan for your budget in order to save you the most money.
- Apply for a loan – When you are ready to apply for a loan, we will work with you and your realtor in order to expedite the loan process when you have found the home of your dreams. By preparing ahead of time, your mortgage loan will close quicker giving you the edge when purchasing a home in a hot real estate market. Are you ready? Apply now!
- Find a home – Now that you are ready, go out there and find the home of your dreams!
- Closing – Once you have signed the Purchase and Sales Agreement, the loan closing process begins. Since you have prepared so thoroughly ahead of time, the loan process will move quickly. We will perform an appraisal, lock in your interest rate, and approve the loan.
This is a basic step-by-step into the home buying and loan process. Please contact us to learn more. We are looking forward to working with you and helping you find the home of your dreams!